About Porter Brown Associates, LLC
Headquartered in Florida, PBA, LLC is a WOSB, EDWOSB, Veteran-Owned, DBE business. Our team provides the skills, tools, and creative ideas necessary to address the technical, operational, programmatic, and policy aspects for our clients.
As a results-driven firm, operational excellence and client satisfaction are our top priorities. Through our unique core competencies and teaming agreements with other leading organizations, we provide cutting-edge, innovative solutions to meet our clients’ needs. With clients and partnerships across a number of industries, including the federal government, corporations, higher education institutions, K-12, and hospitals, we strive to develop partnerships, allowing us to effectively diversify our offerings in response to the evolving demands placed on the professional services industry.
- Cage: 7P4D4
- DUNS: 080329418
- Business Size Standard: Small
- Certifications: VOSB, WOSB, EDWOSB, DBESocio Economic: Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority Owned, Disadvantaged Business
- 511130 Book Publishers
- 541611 Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services
- 541612 Human Resources Consulting Services
- 541613 Marketing Consulting Services
- 541618 Other Management Consulting Services
- 541620 Environmental Consulting Services
- 541690 Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
- 541810 Advertising Agencies
- 541890 Other Services Related to Advertising
- 541990 All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- 561110 Office Administrative Services
- 561330 Professional Employer Services
- 611430 Educational Services/Professional and Management Development Training
About Kathey Porter, MBA, MSE, CPSD - CEO/Principal
Kathey Porter, MBA, CPSD (Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity) is a small business expert with experience spanning nearly two decades in marketing, small business development, supplier diversity and entrepreneurship. She draws on her years of experience working with corporations, higher education institutions and the federal government to successfully support clients seeking services. In her capacity as a supplier diversity director for local municipalities and higher education institutions, and as a consultant for the federal government agencies, she has successfully assisted small businesses to receive millions in contract opportunities.
An adjunct business instructor with over a decade of diversified teaching experience, Kathey has taught various undergraduate, graduate and online business courses including Entrepreneurship, Professional Writing, Leadership, Marketing, Management, Business, Business Ethics, Public Relations, etc. at numerous colleges and universities including University of Florida, Virginia Tech and the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), to name a few.
Kathey is a frequent speaker/panelist at conferences and events focusing on supplier diversity, small business development/entrepreneurship, women’s entrepreneurship and empowerment and diversity and inclusion and was appointed to the Florida Advisory Council on Small and Minority Business Development by the Secretary for the Florida Department of Management Services and serves on the board of directors for YouthBuild. Other involvements have included leadership roles on several state and national advisory panels including VASCUPP (Virginia Association of State College and University Purchasing Professionals), National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP) Supplier Diversity Institute, Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity.
Kathey proudly served in the Georgia Army National Guard.